• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Massive Winter Storm Brings Emergency Activations

ARRL

Nov 15, 2008

As a widespread and powerful winter storm moves from Texas and Oklahoma and heads toward New England, several ARRL sections have activated emergency nets. These are the reports received as of noon Eastern Time February 1.

Indiana

I conferred yesterday with Indiana Department of Homeland Security on a joint communications plan during the winter storm warning. The state RACES team initiated a net ...

More...

I was on all day...3963lsb Missouri Traffic Net and 146.94 rpt in St.Louis Mo...The nets did a great job.We had interferance from 4 land,and they just turned down the rf gain so they couldnt hear us.We tried to ask them to leave the freq but didnt pay any mind to us...73s de n0zna/John em48sd

I was on all day...3963lsb Missouri Traffic Net and 146.94 rpt in St.Louis Mo...The nets did a great job.We had interferance from 4 land,and they just turned down the rf gain so they couldnt hear us.We tried to ask them to leave the freq but didnt pay any mind to us...73s de n0zna/John em48sd

Party lines suck don't they?
images

Professional Licensed Amateur Operators causing willful and wanton interference?!?!

Say it ain't so.

Oh please say it ain't so.

Sure but the next time they get "hammered" with six inches of snow listen to them whine and then turn YOUR RF gain down. :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    West indies and Australia coming in to South Jersey
  • dxBot:
    c316buckeye has left the room.
  • @ nfsus:
    Arkansas skip has been heavy at nights here lately. Australians all over the place
  • dxBot:
    RFactive has left the room.