• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Max input for TS DX500...Not DX500V

racetra

Jul 7, 2011
Hey all,
i got my new truck and will be using my buddy's 148 with my TS DX500. My Galaxy 99 puffed the key up circuit and I want to avoid this. My Dx500 is the old one without the knob (Not a 500V). What is the max input (output from radio) that will work. I am now back to seperate components and will be lookin for a radio soon. The 148 will have to do for now....

thanks

get you a good used

rci2950 and you will be very happy...the nw st is night watch sound tracker,looks pretty but not worth the extra bucks...you cant beat a rci2950 on am/ssb or if you are very lucky find a hr2510 or a hr2600 or Lincon,real radios not just CBs...73 de JW

If it's a side mic style 148 GTL, you got one of the good ones. And Robb is correct, no more than 20W PEP SSB for that T/S 500 4 button. You'll sounds great. AM you can run 4W deadkey and be fine. But 2-3W deadkey is optimal. Anything less than 2W will cause splatter issues, especially if the radio has a swing mod done to it.

~Cheers~

Reactions: 1 person
Quick question, what is the little hole on the upper left (as you are lookin at the back) on the rear for. I beleive it is labled "mic"

Quick question, what is the little hole on the upper left (as you are lookin at the back) on the rear for. I beleive it is labled "mic"

Since they are illegal your TS500 out of the box is a CW transmitter, that's what the key jack is for. Once converted it is an amplifier and the jack is not used.

A TS500 is a TS500, don't matter if it's the V or pushbutton version. You can treat em all the same. You can run a peak input of 40-70 watts but there is no reason to push it that hard. On SSB for example 20 watts pep will do just fine, 30-35 and your smoken. A local ran an Omegaforce HP set at 50 watts PEP on ssb and he was darn good sounding.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.