• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MC Happy Hamer, Can't Touch Thay

The topic was about operating amateur radio from Gatlinburg and Nashville TN.

It got hijacked and WAY off topic so I cleaned it up.

Feel free to bring the topic up again if you desire in the General Discussion section

Happy_Hamer said:
The topic was about operating amateur radio from Gatlinburg and Nashville TN.

It got hijacked and WAY off topic so I cleaned it up.

Feel free to bring the topic up again if you desire in the General Discussion section

REALLY?

I tried that, and, the whole thing got deleted quicker than the wink of an eye.

However, I did save it on my notepad.....

Sorry I was so narrow minded, please repost and forgive me.

I know this is not my personal blog and should be more sensitive.

I will ask Moleculo to dock my pay for that post.

Enjoy the forum

Update, I also posted a question in the admin section to find out who removed the poll you posted and also asked everyone to be more sensitive to our members.

I will let you know what I find out about the removal and be sure the offending party is docked their pay as well. We shouldnt get paid like we are if we arent perfect in what we do

Happy_Hamer said:
Sorry I was so narrow minded, please repost and forgive me.

I know this is not my personal blog and should be more sensitive.

I will ask Moleculo to dock my pay for that post.

Enjoy the forum

A funny thing happened between Nashville and Gatlinburg.

A certain “Happy” Moderator started a thread about his family vacation in the Amateur Radio Forum, a forum member in one of the towns he was passing through posted a message about the area, popular radio stations, places to see and current events. The member mentioned to our “Happy” traveler that, there were some local reactions to the way that the media had handled the coverage of a heinous crime.

The “Happy” Moderator responded, “YIKES, I was just passing thru on a family vacation to Gatlinburg”! I translated that as “Can’t Touch That”, you know like that Rap singer with the baggy pants, MC Hammer. It was funny to me.

I responded in my usual Flick-A-Bic rhetorical manner and waited for comments; the local member posted again. He addressed the points that I made, agreeing with some while answering questions that I raised and, he dispelled the negative dispersions cast by me AND by the so-called KKK marching for Justice in the area. The main point made by the local member was that the area was receiving a “Black Eye” because of the media coverage.

Are you still with me, here where the rub is at; somewhere between Nashville and Gatlinburg, the thread got “Cleaned” because some “Delete-Happy” Moderator did not like the direction in which the thread was going? He said that, *HE* started that thread to talk about *His* family vacation. If *I* has started a thread about a certain subject and it went in another direction, could *I* delete the comments of other members because I did not agree with what they were talking about, I DON’T THINK SO!

Let me put it a different way: How dare you my "Happy" friend denigrate the opinions, thoughts and, writings of myself, the local member and anyone else who posted or might have wanted to post to the thread by deleting the messages that did not fit your narrow editorial viewpoint?

“Happy” friend, if you had wanted a “Blog-Spot” maybe you should have signed up for one.

I do not believe that one members’ opinion is more important than another’s or that messages should be deleted; especially when there is no profanity or harmful stuff going on. What our “Happy” Moderator has done is no different than the media in the area of the local member. In my opinion, the whole thread should have been moved to a different section and allowed to run its course.

Hamer, since deleted posts aren't ever really deleted, just moved to a moderator-only database(I think I remember that being said somewhere, sorry if I'm mistaken). How about reposting the deleted posts here in the General Discussion area. That would save us from having to start from scratch and accidentally misquoting one another due to poor memory.

Its not about being perfect. It is about acting responsibly and being accountable when a mistake is made.

On a sarcastic note: Why don't we try to set up a feature that allows whoever starts a thread (even those who aren't moderators) to delete any post in their thread that doesn't meet their criteria.

We removed the database to save deleted posts, now when we delete they are gone.

Sorry I do not know what else I can do to make it better.

karo said:
the_sandman_454 said:
Apparently all you need to do to clear it up is simply kiss all the ass that wants to be kissed.

Never had mine kissed here and I've had many post deleted that were in poor taste or simply tied up in a thread that did not meet forum standards and I have learned that a thick skin is an invalueable commodity in the radio forums so I would not get the chap stick out so fast hamer.

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has atleast one.

yes and aparently you like to show yours goatsey stile. that picture of you doing that is discusting.

FL Native said:
karo said:
the_sandman_454 said:
Apparently all you need to do to clear it up is simply kiss all the ass that wants to be kissed.

Never had mine kissed here and I've had many post deleted that were in poor taste or simply tied up in a thread that did not meet forum standards and I have learned that a thick skin is an invalueable commodity in the radio forums so I would not get the chap stick out so fast hamer.

Opinions are like arseholes, everyone has atleast one.

yes and aparently you like to show yours goatsey stile. that picture of you doing that is discusting.

may i ask then why did you look ???? :D

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.