• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mchlachlan tone compensator, what is it.

freecell

BANNED
Apr 6, 2005
non-cartesian cyberspace
www.facebook.com
the mclachlan tone compensator is used in conjunction with the pickup for phonograph records. it compensates for the low-note frequency loss due to groove limitations by the use of a carefully designed transformer resonating at about 30 hz. a second transformer resonating at about 4000 hz. and having a tertiary winding loaded with a variable resistor permitted variable high-note compensation as well.

</p>

I've picked up this very strange looking piece of kit recently but am having difficulty finding out what it is, somebody told me it may have something to do with marine radio. The device has 4 main buttons 3 of which have middle register upper register and lower register these have what looks like a brass conecter which is switched accross 6 connections via a pointer. The other main knob has compensator written above it and switchable between out and in. Below these is 2 knobs that say decrease upper register and decrease lower register, these have Igranic radio devices written on them (allthough I am pretty sure that the device was made by Mclachlan). I have no idea how to get a power source into this burt there are 4 other connecters marked P.U.1, P.U.2, G and G.B. I'd like to get a power source into this so any advice would be welcomed!!!

Thanks all

Cap

</p>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.