• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Memory Lane....

DTB Radio

Sep 14, 2005
Carlisle, PA. USA
www.dtbradio.com
I was cleaning up the shop, and found this old article from the front page of our local paper written back in 1998, the year I started DTB Radio. I thought some of you might find it interesting. Sorry for the over-sized image, I wanted to make sure the print was large enough to read clearly.

This was back when I had hair....

squelch-cb-dealer.jpg

They never did "squelch" me.

Hair huh ? Yeap , that RF has been known to cause some strange things to happen to a guy. Nice PC-122 test radio and Dosy test center , yah , I see the scope and freq counter too. Interresting. 8)

bit_pit said:
I cannot figure out what you are doing in the photo..
drilling a hole in you wrist? Is that for a microphone bracket?
Not sure I really want that mod...
......Yeah, but you wouldn't have to reach very far for the mic ;) seriously, DTB I'm glad you stood your ground...we need more of that these days

I was wondering what he was fiddling with myself :LOL: What ever it was it must have been 20 years ahead of it's time. This would make a good guessing game. 8) thanks for the info you shared i learned a lot from you guy's that the CB shop will not share.

See, he can hold the radio in that hand and have a piece of solder stuck in that hole, and then the iron is in the other hand.
lol

bottom line ,it looks like he's getting ready to drill a hole into is wrist . Now , looks like the picture was taken by a Mike Bupp of the Sentinel and it's a very hairy Dave Bupp (before the radiation) could there be a relationship here ? Yeap !! also said the truckers were spreading the word !! Good ole truckers !! What would this business truly do with out them. FCC found amps and Dave says , but dude , these drivers need directions and theres so many of them out there and if the radio can't get over the noise , your lost. ;) Got to keep them truckers happy. :)

Thats cool there DTB. I remember
talking to you by e-mail in 98 or 99.
That was when your web site was
pretty new and EEI ruled the web
with their B.S. Turbo Tune.

Switch Kit said:
...looks like the picture was taken by a Mike Bupp of the Sentinel and it's a very hairy Dave Bupp (before the radiation) could there be a relationship here ?

No relation that I know of, but I'm sure there would be a connection if someone took time to search way back in the family tree.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.