• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Merry Christmas from Iraq

KI4MSJ

Jun 4, 2006
Staunton, Virginia
Well, finally made it to Basrah, Iraq. I left home on the 16th of August and have finally made it to my final destination. It has been a long hard road of training. And unbelievable, head spinning amount. But, I am finally here. Word has it that are foot lockers are in the AO and HOPEFULLY, I will recieve it soon so that I can finally get on the air. I am so looking forward to the pileups I will cause once airborn. I hope all are well on the forum. Have a safe and prosperous Holiday Season.
KI4MSJ/YI9MSJ

Merry Xmas! Stay out of trouble while you're over there! My cousin just got back from his second tour of duty there (blackhawk pilot). What did you have to go through to get the ham license to operate there? Make sure and let us know when you're going to be on the air so we can try to get you. Maybe mother nature will cooperate a little.

Merry Christmas Scott ! Glad you are doing well. Keep safe and alert friend and hopefully if the chance presents itself we can hook up on the radio. God Bless,

Ron

Scott,

Happy New Year and first of all "Thanks for serving"

Hope to hear you on the air and hopefully make a contact!!

Merry Christmas from a fellow uniform in Korea!! Be safe and remember why your there when you start to hate it(you will have those feelings!) 73's and God Bless!!!

iraq

MERRY XMAS and Happy New Year..stay safe my friend.
Thank you for your service.

DOCTOR/795 US AIR FORCE RETIRED

Merry Christmas!! Be safe, I know there are still quite a few hams still there, so once you get settled you should be able to find what you need to get on the air. Look foward to working you. 73

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Scott,

Be safe and your in my prayers. I hope you get on the air soon and let us know what freq. you will be on/monitoring and such. I will listen for you.

AP

Thank All and Happy New Year. The next few days here are going to be hairy with trouble expected due to Iraqi Holiday coming up. I wilkl keep my head down.
In answer to your question Moleculo, I applied through the Iraqi Amateur Radio Club. Provided a copy of my US license, A 2"x2" photo of me and a completed application. The website is here.....www.iraqi-ars.org

I contacted a guy named Diya Nasir Sayah(YI1DZ) he was a really nice guy and helped me through the process.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.