• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MFJ 1700 ANTENNA/RADIO SWITCH

The Diawa 201 model is what 2 of my locals here use and they are built well and correctly. No need for any soldering. Metal casing and ports not in use are grounded. Good little switches that can be used either way, 2 radios and 1 antenna or 2 antennas and 1 radio. Neither local has reported any issue with theirs, and I know one of them uses up to 1kw at times on SSB.

I use the MFJ-4724 4 antenna/4 transceiver switch. This is an manual electronic switching with lightning surge protection device that requires 12 volts to operate. This eliminates the "octopus" looking effect from using MFJ-1700 manual switch since that switch will have coax cables coming from all directions to each side. The MFJ-4724 has all ports neatly arranged on the back of the unit along with 2 common ports.

I use this switch under my desk and use the compact MFJ-4724RC remote switch on top of the desk. The remote uses 2 supplied cat 5 cables to switch the main unit antennas and transceivers ports and supplies 12 volts to it so only 1 power source is needed for both devices.

I should mention that if no accessories are plug into the common ports, then you must use a small coax jumper between the common in and out ports or else this will create an open circuit. These ports are handy for adding SWR meters, TVI filters, etc. so all transceivers and antennas can access them.

While you might not be needing a switch for multiple transceivers now, My guess in the future you likely will so you may want to consider using a multiple switch like this one.

This switch also comes in a 6 way version too with an optional matching desktop remote as well.

Below is what the switch really looks looks unlike the older version still shown on MFJ's website.

mfj-4724_sn_xl.jpg

mfj-4724_it_xl.jpg

So as of this post the 1700 and 4724 are no longer available and the current model is the 4726 for the low low price of $179.95.
I found one used for $100 and grabbed it. Tired of playing the jumper game.
Screenshot_20200514-110016.png

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.