• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MFJ-989D

As long as the power is right and the meter is not losing voltage on keydowns, then leave it be. Check it with a separate volt meter and see if the voltage drops any. Amps will be a bit harder to check without another amp meter. But if it's not dropping voltage on the keydown and is putting out the right power, leave it be. JMO.

20150717_201101~01.jpg

Reactions: 2RT307
As long as the power is right and the meter is not losing voltage on keydowns, then leave it be. Check it with a separate volt meter and see if the voltage drops any. Amps will be a bit harder to check without another amp meter. But if it's not dropping voltage on the keydown and is putting out the right power, leave it be. JMO.

Says 14.2v firm

I think it's going to be a guessing game but I'd guess the Astron meter. I have an older Pyramid supply that always reads low on the amp meter. It never bothered me since the radio is doing what's it's supposed to.

It's doing what it should as you see above, thought maybe 989D was reading high if power supply was right.

I know this is a fairly old thread but the photos show 14.5V and 26 amps.
That is 377W input power and just a little under 200W out.
53% efficiency. Very possible all meters are close.

73, Paul K4PDM

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.