• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

MIC ADAPTER PROBLEM

darticus

Oct 17, 2011
I bought a mic adapter from Redman but I had some confussion with it working with one mic. I sent Redman this question which I thought would be simple for a CB shop of his Stature.
The 4 to 6 pin adapter I bought from him to change Cobra 4 pin mic to Ranger 6 pin works fine with Cobra 4 pin mics. I plugged in a d104 that was wired for a 4 pin cobra 29LX which works on the cobra 29LX which is 4 pin but doesn't work on the ranger with the plug. If the cobra 29LX is ok with the cobra mic and the d104 why wouldn't the d104 work with the Ranger but work on the cobra 29LX???
ALL Redman could say was "I have no clue why that would happen, sorry:"
Any thoughts on what might be the problem before I get to work on it? Thanks Ron

You didn't say if the PTT doesn't work or the audio doesn't work: I would have to guess the PTT isn't working.

I have a Turner +2 Microphone that has a 4-PIN connector, and it also has a switch to select either relay PTT or Electronic PTT. Possibly, that's a clue to your situation.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.