• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mic Upgrade for a President Mckinley

ich think this is the best mic for President CB-Radios.

That’s funny…that’s the mic I am using these days!! I have the echo option. Station reports are it’s a lot more clear than the oem President mic. Using just a tad of reverb. No complaints on SSB!!

This guy sells a president mic with a superstar element. I have not tried it.

That is, Cranky, a local tech/engineer in my area. Been fixing radios since he was a teenager in his daddy's cb shop.

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Is there a way to change the microphone type on the Mckinley radio from electret to dynamic?

Last edited:
I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly, there is no mic adjustment for EL or Dynamic on this radio. Just use whatever mic you want.

And I'll say again, I could be wrong. :) But I don't think so. Hahaha...

Reactions: Armaghboy
I could be wrong, but if I remember correctly, there is no mic adjustment for EL or Dynamic on this radio. Just use whatever mic you want.

And I'll say again, I could be wrong. :)
I will check again. The stock mic that comes with the radio is an electret type microphone(voltage is present on the audio pin). So if you use a non-electret type or a power microphone you need to turn off this voltage. if not; you could damage the mic and or radio.

I will check again. The stock mic that comes with the radio is an electret type microphone(voltage is present on the audio pin). So if you use a non-electret type or a power microphone you need to turn off this voltage. if not; you could damage the mic and or radio.
I never had a problem running a power mic with mine. I know several other who run a power mic with this radio.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.