• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Micraphone extention pig tails ?

curlyjo

Supporting Member
Nov 13, 2009
Southern Calidornia
I am going to wire up some mic adapter pig tails so I can use 4 pin mics with RCI 29XX & 5 pin Cobra radios. Can anyone offer up a good way to straighten out a little bit of the curly part of mic cord to put on the plugs? I know they will work just as well by wiring right to the curly part. However, I would prefer to have straight wire ends on the plugs. Any ideas to make a easy job easier would be great too. Thanks for reading.

Last edited:

Pretty much impossible...

Unless you can find a stiff spring to use as a strain/straightening device. You could also buy new/used replacement cords.

I hate when people don't know how to wire a plug and keep cutting back until they hit the coil. When I wire a mic, I fold/wrap unused wires back out of the way.

Most people cut unused wires thinking they'll never be needed later.

Thanks a lot ! ! ! I have a new cord with straight ends on both sides. Also some old mics with the cords ready to be sacrificed. A pleasure to read all your post. Long live Grand Funk Rail Road. Got to see them on American Band tour @ the LA Fourm.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.