• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

microphone for my HR2510

DuckSoupe

Jul 12, 2009
I have been looking at a Redman CB Custom Wilson Noise Canceling Power Amplified Radio Microphone for my president hr2510 . I am setting things up in the end of my computer room and have all set up ; but would like a microphone . has anyone used one or seen one in use ?

Wilson Trucker & Astatic Road Devil Microphone Road Test! - YouTube
bulldog likes his.

How about the amplified Road Devils, are they any good?

I do like the 636 though.

my microphone of choice. and I do like my 636 too.
Astatic Road Devil vs Astatic 636L noise canceling - YouTube
this guy is running it a bit high, mine never goes over 1/3 and I'd guess his to be about 3/4. it is a high gain amp.
like I've said in another post, I've been in arguments with people not believing I was a mobile.

that first link I posted, he uses the wilson mic on the way out and the red devil on the way back. he switches over at about 22-23 minutes, and turns down the radio... add to that the background noise, and that he's talking 2" away from the mic makes me think he's got the mic too high too.

I tested a LOT of mics on my Lincoln, which is close enough to your 2510 for direct comparisons. I ran all of the following: stock mic, stock mic with Heil HC-5, Texas Ranger SRA-158, RF Limited 2018 Turbo Extreme, Astatic Road Devil, and Astatic D104M6B. Top two best matching/sounding were the Road Devil and D104M6B. I have a baritone voice, and get the very best reports using the D104.

RT307

I have been looking at a Redman CB Custom Wilson Noise Canceling Power Amplified Radio Microphone for my president hr2510 . I am setting things up in the end of my computer room and have all set up ; but would like a microphone . has anyone used one or seen one in use ?

I bought one a while back just to see what it would do. In a nutshell, it works. It's a typical mic, nothing special. Not the worst mic I've used, certainly not the best, it does fit your hand well if you're right handed. It's now occupying space in the spare mic box, as I'm currently trying a 575-M6 just to see what all the hype is about this old mic. But with all the various mics I've played around with the last year or so, invariably I come back to the same two, the 2018 Extreme with all the junk OFF, or a D104-M6 with Bob85's tone mod. These two just perform the best with my voice, with the 2018 getting the slight edge as far as accurate voice reproduction.

My $.02, YMMV.

I bought one a while back just to see what it would do. In a nutshell, it works. It's a typical mic, nothing special. Not the worst mic I've used, certainly not the best, it does fit your hand well if you're right handed. It's now occupying space in the spare mic box, as I'm currently trying a 575-M6 just to see what all the hype is about this old mic. But with all the various mics I've played around with the last year or so, invariably I come back to the same two, the 2018 Extreme with all the junk OFF, or a D104-M6 with Bob85's tone mod. These two just perform the best with my voice, with the 2018 getting the slight edge as far as accurate voice reproduction.

My $.02, YMMV.

I'd like to see someone import the 2018 without the echo crap.

I've always received good reports on my 2510/2600/2830/Lincolns with a Turner +3 and The Turner Road-King 70J.

Reactions: 1 person
The best mic i've ever used for the 2510 has been the Turner SSK....

I never ran a base mic on mine, but the SSK and +3 seem to match up well with darn near any rig out there. SSK is a little mellow for my baritone voice though, so I prefer the +3, but that's just me.

RT307

I also used to run a 2510, and the best mic I have ever found to use with any of these type radios is the astatic 575m6 d104.

Just a matter of finding what suits the operators voice best.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.