• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Microphones for the FT-2800M

KC9NTO

Jun 10, 2008
Chicagoland
Are there any "after market" mircophones for the FT2800M? I use mine strictly as a base radio, and am looking for more of a desktop mic.

I've done some searching, but have had no luck.

If anyone has any links that will point me in the right direction, I sure would appreciate them.

Many thanks in advance.

Adam

:)

I think the best choice, and pretty close to the only choice for an after market desk mic that will work for the FT-2800M is the Heil Handi-Mic.....

HandiMic - Amateur Radio - Heil Sound

The Heil Handi-Mic Pro is designed for a full range voice that works well with VHF - FM rigs, however because of the way Yaesu wires their VHF - FM radios, you have to buy the Microphone, either the CH-1-YM coil cord, or the CC-1-YM microphone adapter & connecting cable.....(this one includes the connector for a separate foot or hand switch)....then you also have to get the AD-100 adapter so it all works with the bastard wiring configuration these Yaesu radios use.

Follow this link to CheapHam.com, scroll down til you find the handi-Mic's listed. This is the cheapest prices I know of for Heil Sound equipment.....

http://www.cheapham.com/page4.html

Refer to the first link for all the spec's and information right from Heil.....

I use an Icom Ic-2200H for my base radio, and I put the Heil Handi-Mic Ic on it with the coil cord, that way I can sit back in my camping chair and rag chew. I have the Heil GM-5 with the regular mic cord and a foot switch on my Kenwood TS-130S HF rig, both mic's have received nothing but flowers as far as my transmit audio goes, I have no doubt the Handi-Mic Pro will sound every bit as good on your FT-2800M.......(y)

Sorry it has taken me so long to get back to this thread, but I've been away for a bit.

Anyway, thanks for the information. I'll be looking into the mic you posted about. Thanks for the links. I do appreciate them.

Adam :)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.