• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland 77-115 Molex Connector Question

spider87

Aug 2, 2010
Guys,

I can't seem to find a 77-115 schematic anywhere. Can anyone tell me what the voltage on the orange cable on the 77-115 is? Is it like any other orange cable on a molex (3.3v)? I just rigged my radio onto a cigarette lighter plug rather than dismantling my car to plug it into something. The problem with that is, since the plug doesn't stay active when the car is off, the unit loses power which makes it lose it's memory and current settings. I am thinking of rigging up a battery rig to do it (maybe a 2 AA case or something) so I can at least keep the previous channel settings and what not..

Any objections to this? Anyone know where I can find the schematic? I have googled and I know I can just take the radio apart but it's in the car and I'd rather not have to bring it in if we can just come up with the schematics for it or something..

Thanks guys

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.