• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Midland 79-290 Power Plug

cbradiomagazine.com

2008 - 2014 / Pau Hana
Jan 3, 2007
Anyone know exactly what type of plug the little white power plug they use on the Midland 79-290 is?

I need one and for the life of me can't figure out what type of connector it is. It looks similar to some PC type connectors but nothing in my searches is looking quite right.

Here are the only pics I could find - they aren't great sorry.

34e6nbl.jpg

25hpjzp.jpg

Last edited:

I saw some similar when I was poking around in Rat Shak today. I'll have to pull the plug from my 79-290 and try to match it up.

Sent from my Verizon phone using Tapatalk

have you checked with Kens electronics up in michigan, he has lots of old parts and plugs on his sight.

have you checked a plug from the old magnum 247 radio , or the titan and eagle sidewinder. I do not have one here but they had a plug similar to that.

also I did not hear back from you on the service manual you asked about. I had sent you 2 emails on this item about it and what you could do since you want to post it on the review of the radio.

Don't know what they're called either but,they're a one of a kind plug!! Def not the same as the 257,sidewinder,or roadpro. It IS the same DC cord for the SuperStar 4900B base tho. Again,good luck finding them. I've even looked all over at the Dayton Hamvention for several years now to no avail. They say if you can't find it @ Dayton (hamvention),it doesn't exist :cool: I've got 2 of these cords/plugs but they belong to my 2 Midland 79-290's. Sorry I'm not much help 8-(
73. Slim CDX285

Sonoma, yes I did get the emails, sorry I've been working out of the country this week.

Thank you for the suggestions guys.

I figured it was something that is used on computers and one of your computer nerds might know what it was :)

Leave it to Midland to use some one off piece.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.