• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

mirage 86hp ssb performance

boxcar112

Apr 13, 2010
Hello I was wondering if anyone knows anything on this new mirage radio I been out of the cb hobby for awhile now and just woke up one day saying to myself I miss the hobby I have a cobra 25 ltd classic with a 4 pill amp in my mobile with a big bubba 1200 made by valor made like and performs like the sirio line of antennas on a mfj tri mag mount on the roof of my ford explorer it gets out good but I miss my dxing on ssb so I been looking at new ssb radios I don't need a radio with lots of power I have a 4 pill amp for that hehe I like all the features of the mirage 86hp extra channels is a must have anyone know how this radio performs on ssb ssb frequency stability is a must have for me I don't want my radio changing frequency by itself lol any advice is appreciated thanks and happy dxing 112 southeast mo QRT and standing by Note anyone needing a good mobile antenna give the sirio line antennas a try my big bubba 1200 by valor puts my old Wilson 1000 and 5000 in the dust as far as rx/tx goes the big bubba 1200 by valor isn't made anymore but the sirio 4000/5000s are made very similar to it in looks and performace

Never heard of it until now. After a a conversion, tune, and shipping I don't know if it's worth 300 bucks. Have to wait on a review.

Your links ask more questions then provide answers.

I know. I tried looking up info on the 86. I don't know much about Mirage. I tried looking up info today for a Mirage 88 for a fellow CB'er who just traded a Lafayette 2400fm for a Mirage 88. The 88 keys 2 watts with a 60 watt pep and the rf power knob had no effect. He is driving a Palomar Elite 250. Info seems scarce about the Mirage radios.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.