• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mobile Ham operations banned?

They think it is unsafe to take one hand off the wheel to use a 2-way radio, yet it is fine........if not encouraged, to buy a Tesla where you can take BOTH hands off the wheel, have a nap, and it will drive itself to your destination. Damn......I hate being born with common sense and a high degree of practicality. I feel so lonely at times.

Reactions: Rwb
I used to have a job where I had to work out of the location they had in the city, three days a week. Several times I would see people driving down the interstate reading the newspaper. Literally newspaper opened up on the steering wheel and reading while doing 70 mph. Or women putting on makeup in the rear view mirror. Stupid people are going to do stupid things. It can't be stopped no matter how much legislation is passed.

I wish my truck had a train horn, people driving on their cell phones would get a surprise......

I used to have a job where I had to work out of the location they had in the city, three days a week. Several times I would see people driving down the interstate reading the newspaper. Literally newspaper opened up on the steering wheel and reading while doing 70 mph. Or women putting on makeup in the rear view mirror. Stupid people are going to do stupid things. It can't be stopped no matter how much legislation is passed.

I wish my truck had a train horn, people driving on their cell phones would get a surprise......
Now that would of made for some great Youtube Content... Train Horn and get their reaction when the GoPro is facing them as you drive next to em not paying attention to the road.

But then ull get some loser telling you that you are wrong for doing that and made them panic and cause an accident.

Ran a Dump truck locally for about 10 years until the great 2007,2008 Obama fuel expense hit good.
Ran with some guy hauling sand from off of the railway. These 2 dudes had novelty train horns, they had alot of fun messin' with people. They'd wake a guy up when they met ya, very loud in my ears..

Ran a Dump truck locally for about 10 years until the great 2007,2008 Obama fuel expense hit good.
Ran with some guy hauling sand from off of the railway. These 2 dudes had novelty train horns, they had alot of fun messin' with people. They'd wake a guy up when they met ya, very loud in my ears..
steam whistle really gets em. had 1 on 1 of my trucks. it was stolen by some ass

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
Good News ! Pennsylvania has re-instated the ham radio exemption to the distracted driving laws..

That is good, however as the bill is written now,it appears that it'll a Crime in PA to use a CB radio in your personal vehicle while moving or even temporarily stopped,unless you are a CDL commercial driver,or ham radio ( nothing against that) or a emergency responder,I'm glad they put the exemption back in,but the bill still needs better wording and rework before it's sent to the governor,Iam I looking at this correctly????

Reactions: lonestarbandit

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.