• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

mobile twig (ant) banter not wilson

mutley

Mar 31, 2016
ok so i know theres 1000's of posts about whats best so il try to keep it a bit different.
so .please no arguing how a 9 foot steel whip in the center of your roof is best
or how a wilson is a great 2nd choice most of us know that but
sometimes its just not convenient
for allsorts of reasons and lots of us like to experiment.

. i would love to just fit an antenna and leave it alone but
its never like that. you allways want to play with this stuff and 30 odd years later like a constantly returning addict that keeps falling off the wagon im still wanting to try different ideas i probably allready tried ( insanity)
even though i allready know damn well what works and what works well or not.

but different things come on the market and theres also some interesting old school stuff that turns up some of which i never got to try before i moved to the u.s.

so il start with these 2 questions

1. did you get the dv27 twigs here? they were the benchmark in the u.k.
are they still available and whats the general agreement regards performance? i know they came in many brands and black or silver but i just dont see them here. so lets base it on a sirio brand. unless another really stands out?

2. i do often see old school disguise twigs i allways assumed they are crap but are they?
or is it theyre usual mounting location? giving them a bad reputation?

most disquise antennas i tried about 40 years ago were not very effecient with only a range of a couple of miles and no go on a amp thru their whimpy matching system,,,, so i would suspect the new ones now would be about the same,,,,

most disquise antennas i tried about 40 years ago were not very effecient with only a range of a couple of miles and no go on a amp thru their whimpy matching system,,,, so i would suspect the new ones now would be about the same,,,,

they prob make them but the disguise ones i am talking about i often see on rvs etc old school never removed from back in the day
a swivel ball a shock spring a slim coil and a 3 stage pretty long telescopic mast.
but mounted on the cowl just in front the windshield wont help but its not much of a disguise mounted on the roof!

i dont think theres much risk of theft these days of cb equip
infact last year in a rough area if cleveland my friends shop kept having cars broken into and this one time a customers new truck got ripped off and they wrecked it stealing equipment etc etc completely ignoring the shiny new big cobra rig and antenna openly on display. i guess crack heads dont break for a copy

I just make my own from scratch if I need one.
20160903_152044_zpspo4ibnk7.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.