• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Morse code

morfer23

Dec 5, 2023
What is a reliable Morse Code to Text converter tool or method that I can use to efficiently translate Morse Code signals into readable text?

What is a reliable Morse Code to Text converter tool or method that I can use to efficiently translate Morse Code signals into readable text?

A reliable Morse Code to Text converter tool is the 'Morse Decoder' app. It efficiently translates Morse Code signals into readable text with precision. Its user-friendly interface and advanced algorithms make it a preferred choice for accurate Morse Code conversion

Sound Card interface. The TX audio comes from the computer and the RX audio is decoded by the computer.
Yes, with a computer.

But you said " you need a PC, phone, tablet to decode and TX the signal "

How do you do it especially TX with just a PHONE and TABLET?

Yes, with a computer.

But you said " you need a PC, phone, tablet to decode and TX the signal "

How do you do it especially TX with just a PHONE and TABLET?
I didn't say you JUST need one of those things. I said you need one. And you do. Don't add words that weren't there when quoting someone or you'll get classified in the fake news category.

• Wow
Reactions: BC Coyote
I didn't say you JUST need one of those things. I said you need one. And you do. Don't add words that weren't there when quoting someone or you'll get classified in the fake news category.
Interesting! added words?

Your word for word quote that I was questioning was this,

You wrote: "you need a PC/Tablet/Phone to decode and transmit the signal"
I quoted you as: " you need a PC, phone, tablet to decode and TX the signal "

The only difference is I used comas and TX instead of transmit and put PC, Tablet, and Phone in wrong order as you. A bit of a word for word mis-quote yes, but nothing more.

Fake news category? LOL!

Still the question isn't answered and it's not a smart-aleck question but rather wanting to know how a Tablet/phone can be used for FT8.

You did state you need one of those things which I interpret as can be a phone or a Tablet, a PC is obvious for anyone already running digital modes.

Other than using Team viewer, it seems to be there would have to be a Digital Modes remote/server software program to TX from a phone or Tablet.

So, if you are able to fully operate FT8 from a Tablet or phone, I would like to know how you are doing it or what role does a Tablet/phone play when you're operating FT8?

Reactions: BC Coyote
Your follow up question to me was

"How do you do it especially TX with just a PHONE and TABLET?"

Sorry if I misinterpreted the question, but asking in that manner right after quoting me reads like a debate.

You also need a transceiver at some location somewhere. There are remoting ways to do it if you have a rig that can stream audio over a network. Or you can redirect rig sound from a rig-connected PC over the network using something like SonoBus. There are many remoting apps for modern rigs such as Win4IcomSuite and Win4K4Suite that allow you to setup virtual COM ports that WSJT-X can connect to on your remote PC.

Icom, Flex, and Elecraft (in 2024) also have their own remoting apps for complete remote PC operation for their rigs that support it.

Or a remote control TeamViewer type of setup.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.