• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Most solid receiver for mobile 10M SSB, FM?

guttapercha

Sep 22, 2010
Hey all,

I've been looking at 10M rigs to use in my vehicle to get back into ham radio a bit. I live in a city (Columbus,OH) and there is probably quite a bit of RF around to make things difficult. Can anyone recommend an export radio with a solid front end? I was looking at the 257 and the Omegaforce, but there isn't much discussion about receivers.
I also would like to occasionally listen to CB to listen for bear reports on road trips, so a.m. performance on receive would be nice too.

Thanks and 73,

JD

President HR2510 or HR2600 are wonderful radios to have mobile, excellent receive and transmit, and has all modes. That would be my recommendation. President Lincoln would also be in there as well.

The Magnum 257's and RCI 2950/2970's are good radios, but the receive tends to have a bit too much "white noise" in the vehicles for my taste.

President HR2510 or HR2600 are wonderful radios to have mobile, excellent receive and transmit, and has all modes. That would be my recommendation. President Lincoln would also be in there as well.

The Magnum 257's and RCI 2950/2970's are good radios, but the receive tends to have a bit too much "white noise" in the vehicles for my taste.

Yes! I had an HR2600 when I first got licensed in 1988. I sold it for some quick cash when I was in grad school about 15 years ago. It was awesome. I worked Australia and Japan on SSB using a homemade dipole with it. That was before I owned a car :)

with out a doubt the 2510's are rock solid 10 meter radios ultra stable the best receive and with a 575 or road devil mic fantastic ssb audio. they are still to be had in pretty good shape on QRZ.com's swap meet section iv'e bought 2 off of there in the last 3 months also you'll find 2600's there too. the two i bought off QRZ.com were in great shape and untouched by the radio molesters and there cb i tricked you.com crap.

Hey all,

I've been looking at 10M rigs to use in my vehicle to get back into ham radio a bit. I live in a city (Columbus,OH) and there is probably quite a bit of RF around to make things difficult. Can anyone recommend an export radio with a solid front end? I was looking at the 257 and the Omegaforce, but there isn't much discussion about receivers.
I also would like to occasionally listen to CB to listen for bear reports on road trips, so a.m. performance on receive would be nice too.

Thanks and 73,

JD

Cobra 148 gtl with upper channels
good solid radio for what your going to do

I think this would be true only if he said he wanted a CB radio and occasionally use it on HAM frequencies. Dealing with the band switching and channel jumps would be frustrating on HAM frequencies.

Cobra 148 gtl with upper channels
good solid radio for what your going to do

UNIDEN 2510 are rock solid all the way around but the continuous tuning of the 2950DX and 2970DX is really nice (no band selecting or jumping

agreed. ya guys forgot my favorite emperior5010 then
2600,2510,lincoln
rci is nice in mobile .but they do have slightly more noise
then the ones listed above.

agreed. ya guys forgot my favorite emperior5010 then
2600,2510,lincoln
rci is nice in mobile .but they do have slightly more noise
then the ones listed above.

also if your gonna use it on ham bands assuming your licenced why not
find a used kenwood ts 50. there great radios in the mobile and you,ll
have the best of both worlds..something 2 think about.
otherwise i stand by the first post

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.