• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Motor Mouth Maul Being Heard With Kids $5 Walkie Talkie

Apr 26, 2013
This is crazy, my kids came and woke me up out of a nap saying daddy daddy we hear people talking on our walkie talkie, are they talking back to us.

I got out of bed and listened very closely and heard a man say, "The West Coast Beast Got Down!" I was thinking, no way lol no way....so I started my video recorder to document this.

Just imagine how many other kids on the East Coast yesterday was listening to the Super Bowl, 27.025 MHz on therd Dollar General $5 Walkie Talkies.

Here is the link to the video, check it out:
Watch "Motor Mouth Maul Heard In Ga On $5 Walkie Talkie" on YouTube
Motor Mouth Maul Heard In Ga On $5 Walkie Talkie: Motor Mouth Maul Heard In Ga On $5 Walkie Talkie - YouTube

Reactions: 2 people

Why not? When I was a kid long before the high power Superbowl mess on ch 6 I used to listen to DX all over on my cheap kiddie walkie talkie. I heard all over the southeast USA as well as Mexico, Puerto Rico and other other Caribbean islands.

Motormouth maul can put channel 6 on hold, enough said. At least he behaves like an adult, so your kid won't hear R rated language.

Reactions: 4 people
You need to get inside that walkie talkie and fatten up those coupling caps so your kids can really enjoy the phat bass response his signal has.

Reactions: 7 people
Why not? When I was a kid long before the high power Superbowl mess on ch 6 I used to listen to DX all over on my cheap kiddie walkie talkie. I heard all over the southeast USA as well as Mexico, Puerto Rico and other other Caribbean islands.

That is how I got interested in the radio hobby. Those were great times.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Indeed. I don't know about you but I was doing that back in the early '70's until I got my first real radio, a Midland 13-898B SSB in '77.

I was listening to CB on ch 11 on a pair of Lloyd's walkie talkies and a SW radio back in the 60's. Man those 4' metal telescoping antennas had a short life span around kids.

...Man those 4' metal telescoping antennas had a short life span around kids.

So did the PTT buttons, battery compartment doors, and other extraneous protrusions.

I hope your Lloyd's units were as durable as my old Viscount 100 mW, channel 14, **full 23 channel receive -- all at once!** jobs. They took a beatin' and kept on QRM'in.'

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Everything is El Dead-o. Joy!
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Please advise me to what is a good replacement mic for my SR-497HPC... Answer: 497 is "wired like Cobra", so many choices available. That radio does not need a power mic, so purchase a stock "coffin style" mic with a decent cord, like the ones that Astatic uses. The Superstar DM-507 is my go-to. https://www.ebay.com/itm/3050474478...adANq91JSiEEnz8EGqPJRBloTgEyaVsBoCtoMQAvD_BwE $12.99 + .99 cent shipping.