• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Motorola radius

Cheech

Apr 6, 2005
Medina county Ohio
I have a motorola radius radio a friend gave me and I was wondering if there is any way to reset it. The radio has been programed with chanel for the buisness he works at. I know the radio can be programed with a computer but I dont have the soft ware for it. I would like to get the radio back to its factory seting if posible. Thanks for the help!

I think Justin has all the stuff to re-program those radios. I'd give him a call. They require the right software and cables, like most VHF/UHF radios, and it's not cheap....

Well you can check out batlabs.com and get the info. You need an ancient PC to make it work. If your only going to reprogram the one radio you should be able to find some one locally to do it. $50 bucks or so. Hams use those too and might be able to find a local ham or GMRS nut who can program it. Just got to figure out what you want it programmed for.

Not really "Normal Channels". The radios are usally shipped blank with no information at all. When a customer wants one it is then programmed with their frequencies and the options that they purchase.

If you don't have a business frequency in mind then you probably would want the MURS channels and those Red dot, blue dot and so on frequencies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.