• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

mounting vertical over beam

tazzza

May 10, 2015
Hi
Just installed a sirio 2016 6 feet above a 4 element beam .
When I am dxing I basically receive the same on both antennas except the beam is much quieter.
Will the 2016 interfere with the beam.
Should I mount the beam stand alone
Cheers

Your results pretty well sum the experience most have.

I can not say the vertical over top of the yagi will not Skew the pattern slightly of the yagi, but it also will not harm the pattern any significant amount.

I have mounted an Imax 2000 over top of the mosley pro67B yagi and had no ill effects.

Leave it like it is and enjoy the DX while the cycle lasts.

Yep, things are winding down. About time to make some much needed changes to my current setup. I guess the only real way to tell if one affects the other or vice versa, an analyzer would be needed. If it's working now, like wavrider said, if it's working, leave it for now and enjoy what is left of the cycle. Looks good at least.

You'll be fine, neither will interact with the other worth a damn. I was going to make a comment about side loading on the rotator but from the photo it looks like you use an Armstrong antenna rotator so you'll be OK.

Thrust bearings sure help on the side loading.

Nothing is balanced on most big yagis.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.