• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Mulitplexer antenna system HELP!!!

boomer111

May 7, 2005
Oh Ya another great idea from the suits at the design table.

New Peterbilt 379 tractor and trailer and tubes. Has two 4 foot wound fiberglass antennas. No Stereo radio antenna!

Instead a converter of sorts. The antennas recieve both CB signals and stereo signals.

Anyone know how much CB radio power can go through this mutiplexer unit?

Cheap coax and lossey converter= poor cb function.

OK so I run seperate coax for my 10k. Fine

I will have to disconnect one of the factory antenna or suffer reflect.

Will the mutiplexer still work for the stereo function?

Does anyone have any experience with this NEW set up!

I am seriously thinking of turning down this new ride.

Not sure if the 4 pill will cause problems with the new Acert C 15 Cat motor and it's computers etc.?

Hell at this point I might be happy just to get the Styrer installed well.

I will have to make my mind up this weekend...Help

I drive a pete with the same setup, I mounted my cb antenna on a separate bracket/coax. The antenna that came with the truck, I cut it down to 6inches so it would still receive am/fm. It recieves fine.

I had a serious problem with reflect untill I cut the truck issued antenna.

thats about all that i can help you with.

Brotherman, Ok So did you system come cophased?

So are you saying,

remove one of the factory antennas?
I understand the new antenna and coax part!

Can I remove the coax from the mirror of the antenna that I am unhooking?, in other word is thre factory coax cophased harnessed?

If it is then can I just cut the half off( so I can run my own coax through mirror ). And still have the stereo work? Leaving the other antenna hooked up with the butched coax?

My truck isn't co-phased.. I would leave the coax hooked to your fm/am only antenna. You can disconnect it to see the difference if you want, I don't think it will pickup weak fm signals disconnected.

I hacked up a wilson 2000 stinger untill I realized it was the other antenna causing the extremely high swr.

I see what the problem is. I have seen those boxes you speak of. Best to just trash it and put a normal am/fm antenna as far away from the 10k as possible. Also you may get some terrible feed back leaving the antennas setup to that box with another difrent antenna transmiting.

Ya well the truck owner is playing hard ball. Decide on new truck or keep old one and have big radio. Tough decision, really. I love the radio gear I got. Ya my sysem is dual, not sure how it really works yet.

Thats what I am thinking of doing. Just bypass the mutiplexier all together. Just such a pain to run the coax for both antennas. No wind wing on these new tractors.!

By the way I talked to the manufacture of the multiplexer device. He said that it will handle 200 cw watts. Actually will handle 250 but they recommend 200. Still it's all a piece of garbage for the serious radio enthuisist. The antannas tune in at 2.0 on ch.1 and 1.2 on 40. Fine for the stock cb gear but not what I have in mind.
He says that if I change the antenna system to something else I will not have as good of performance. Guess he hasn't heard of the 10K!..These guys designed the antennas for the moon walk etc. Each model truck is brought ot their antenna proving grounds and they figure what is the best set up for that certain model truck. Am, FM, CB, cell, all in one antenna or cophased. rg58 coax crimped. The inverter is filtered so as not to let crossover interference. Rambi, the antenna professionals.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.