• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My antenna doesnt like wet snow.

Thirsty

New amateur
Jan 27, 2011
Western Wisconsin
The ole swr's are climbing, up to 1.8 now. Wet snow all day in Western Wisconsin.

Here is what it looks like outside today.:unsure:

001-3.jpg

We got a touch of that today, has to start sometime!

Hope the birds went south for the winter!!!:w00t:

i'll 3rd that...keep that nasty shyt down there :)
damn, and people keep thinking we live in igloos...i haven't seen a flake yet :D

AGREED! (y) It has been hanging in the high 50's and low 60's the past few days here on the east coast. Nice and sunny too. Today it was so nice I didn't even need nor want a jacket while working in the yard. All hail global warming! (y):laugh:

Won't anyone please think about his poor antenna?:(

My wolf .64 did that also, during snow conditions the swr would rise and a day or two after it had melted the swr would return to normal.

The problem was in the gamma match having the tube side facing up so if a guy to reverse that it would have resolved the manufacturing issue.

The ole swr's are climbing, up to 1.8 now. Wet snow all day in Western Wisconsin.

Here is what it looks like outside today.:unsure:

001-3.jpg
throw some "fire in da wire" it will melt as long as its not above 2.5 swr , i really wouldnt worry much

if it gets above 3.0 start busting the ice off

Won't anyone please think about his poor antenna?:(

My wolf .64 did that also, during snow conditions the swr would rise and a day or two after it had melted the swr would return to normal.

The problem was in the gamma match having the tube side facing up so if a guy to reverse that it would have resolved the manufacturing issue.

I hear you! Mine are back down now, it was the real wet stuff that made her climb yesterday but the little snow we are getting today is having no effect.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.