• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My Cobra 142 GTL

Terrible

076 South West Florida
Aug 12, 2012
Port Charlotte Floirda
I just got the radio from ebay its a good talking good receiving radio just the meters stick is there any way to fix this my self or anyone know where i can get replacement meters for it? any info would be great thanks

On the back of the meter there is a small set screw that the meter movement pivots on. The screw is usually covered by a piece of clear tape. The screw usually has a coating of green locktight on it so it will not move freely. You will need a small jewelers screw driver to fit this set screw. Poke through the clear tape on the back of the meter to this screw.

You'll want to move the screw counter clock wise in order to free the movement up. The problem is that green locktight is going to prevent you from turning the screw. Using a hot soldering iron tip, heat the screw driver while it's in contact with the screw and applying counter clock wise pressure. loosen the screw just enough so the meter moves freely when rocked back and forth.

Reactions: 1 person
This worked for my old 142 gtl thanks. I wonder if the green stuff will harden back up or if maybe a dot of finger nail polish should be used. On a needle or pin or toothpick? It moved vet easy with the heat applied I thought I broke it. LOL

-Allen <More audio>

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.