• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My New Gain Master arrived broken!

A local guy ordered a gain master from coppers electronics and got it yesterday only to find out it was missing the upper wire assembly. The part where my coax was cut his had a crease at the same spot, Sirio needs to work on it's QC before the antennas leave the factory. Mine is on its way back for exchange I will keep you all updated on my progress.

the crease is a common occurence at that location. yours was the first break that i heard of.

just wondering how the missing part is being handled by copper, keep us posted.

I have been thinking about getting one myself, but have been holding off. Hopefully once sirio gets caught up with orders there won't be any issues.

UPDATE! H&Y received the defective antenna back from me and has since shipped me another one due to arrive this Saturday. If all goes well assuming I get a good one and weather permitting I plan to put it up this weekend. I did notice that H&Y has pulled there Gain maters off ebay.

Ok I got the replacement antenna and all is fine with this one, H&Y looks to have opened the box to check it before they sent to me. its up in the air and working well. it sure is a broadband antenna 26mhz to 30mhz no antenna turner needed very nice..(y) so bottom line H&Y took care of me on this antenna. as a side note the local guy that had parts missing from the one he ordered from coppers electronics is still waiting for his parts.

Ok I got the replacement antenna and all is fine with this one, H&Y looks to have opened the box to check it before they sent to me. its up in the air and working well. it sure is a broadband antenna 26mhz to 30mhz no antenna turner needed very nice..(y) so bottom line H&Y took care of me on this antenna. as a side note the local guy that had parts missing from the one he ordered from coppers electronics is still waiting for his parts.

Copper does the same thing when you order any RCI products without paying for them to set it up for 11 meters.

(y) Glad it all went well.

glad all i good now. now how ya like that antenna compared to what
you had before. how high is it?

The antenna I was using before was a Hy-Gain super penetrator and as far can tell so far the local stations that I talk to on a regular basis hit me the same on the meter and getting reports that no change on what there getting me at, I am totally happy with that as I had my hy-gain stretched out to a .64 and it always worked great. so now I have the same great performance as before but a hell of a lot more usable bandwidth, it's so nice to be able to talk 11 meters and jump up to 10 meters 28/29mhz and not have to use a tuner truly this is the best of both worlds and have been making so great dx contacts on the gain master.

Looks like getting a gain master antenna might be a little thin for the next few months, H&Y said they wont have anymore till some time in June and just out of curiosity I called coppers and they said there out and don’t know when there getting any.

Someone needed a double dose of magic dust. Each Sirio has some sprinkled into the box before shipping. That's why someone opened your box.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.