• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My new Stryker 955 from Bobs my thoughts....

123kid

Mar 6, 2012
I received my new stryker 955 from bobs the other day and im loving it.It has some strange things about it but its features and performance make up for it.My only complaints is having to adjust steps via menu for vfo mode and a strange digitization of incoming audio when tuning with the clarifier.Very much like my anytone on the receive but cleaner.The radio came with a stock mic labeled stryker and also a usb cable.I get nothing but awesome reports and i am talking much further than i could ground wave with my 2950.Heres a tip if you leave your radio in the freeband on vfo mode it will stay where u leave it then u can just go back to standard channel mode for your 1 thru 40.The roger beep program is really cool now i can create whatever i like.The echo on this is top notch very clean and not over the top like the turboecho.The built in swr meter is very accurate measured against my micronta and rad shack power swr meter on channel 1 both my outboards read 1.2 the radio reads 1.3 which to me is good better higher than lower.Also the power meter is about on the money.The receive meter can be annoying tho as it likes to fluctuate on sideband and peak but after a few words from the transmit station it gives u a accurate reading.

The build quality is the best i have seen in a export and thats what i like the most and the heatsink does its job well.

Reactions: 2 people

A local about 22 miles from me has a 955 he runs on his base. It actually sounds better then his 2970. He says it does about 80 watts, fine radio for sure.

They sound absolutely great on SSB on the air, but they just didn't hit the mark in terms of layout and functionality for me. The tuning step setup was just bizarre, I would take an Anytone or 2950DX anyday over the 955 just for that reason.

If you've got it figured out and working the way you like though I'm sure you'll enjoy the radio and will gets lots of compliments on the audio. Enjoy!

Reactions: 1 person
I wouldn't trade mine. That's for sure. It's a killer radio. I can't say enough about how good this radio is and works. I also has a 3 year warranty. So I guess they stand behind there new design. My logbook is getting used quite a bit, since I bought this radio, and it's installed in my pickup.

awesome

actually i just tried using the band switch and its awesome none of that abcd crap just flick and turn the channel selector and your there.Honestly this is the best radio ever.I noticed also its people that are over modulated that sound like crap on sideband.when they run tons of power and cranked d104s they sound crappy.anyone on a good set when i got the hicut filter on sounds almost tube quality.as far as a 2950 or a anytone over this....i have a dx3 and honestly they both are a different beast.The anytone tho i wouldnt even put in the same ballpark.

mic

i ordered a 198 mic because as good as this mic sounds on ssb to bassy on am ill let u know how it turns out

if anyone wants the 955 software to enable factory mode so you can get into this tuning menu let me know. its not the same software that is used for tuning the frequencies and options.

here are all the options you can change in the tuning menu: FRQ, AOF, AON, DCS, CTC, AFF, BFOLsb,Usb,Am,Fm(FREQUENCY TUNING), F25, F15, F05,

you need the software to enable "factory mode" then you can hold the color button and turn the radio on and enter this menu

I can't even get the factory cable to work on mine. Using win7. I guess I'm not the only one either. I would be interested in that software. You never know I might need it sometime.

go on the cbradiomagazine review of the 955, there is a link at the very bottom and directions posted to the correct drivers for windows 7 and how to install them for the cable to be seen by the pc, I did that and it worked perfect on my windows 7 pc,, pm me your e-mail and ill send you the factory enable software.

programmed one band for UK fm cb band, made contact with a couple 4 watt central uk mobiles on fm 27.80125 (uk fm cb ch21)

I can't even get the factory cable to work on mine. Using win7. I guess I'm not the only one either. I would be interested in that software. You never know I might need it sometime.

Same for me. I gave up after many tries, and I'm decent on the computer.

RT307

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.