• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My old friend President Jackson.

Sales are slow the economy is bad. If you can bring out something that creates interest cheaply and make a few bucks then your gonna do it IE Ranger.

Sales are slow the economy is bad. If you can bring out something that creates interest cheaply and make a few bucks then your gonna do it IE Ranger.

good point here. this radio due to the price has a lot of stirring going on now on a lot of forums. radios are selling fast also.the wholesalers ran out in about 3 days.

Don't be suprised if we don't see another radio based on another chassis that is old stock come out with a similar label to another old radio.

it would be nice to have one of the adapter boards for a 455 instead of the mrf477 that came in the 1st ones. I have never seen one of the adapter boards at all. this is a 1st.wish there was a schematic for the board available some where so a guy could duplicate it. I run the 1st edition silver face 5 band Jacksons in my pickup. just bought a superstar 6 band Jackson clone that seems to be about the same radio.

I did find another flaw or two with this radio.

First, the reception on FM was too weak. Hooked it up to the Hp sig gen and set the L4 coil to check/tune it. Man, I cannot ever remember having to tweak a receive coil 3/4 of a turn before; but I had to here. Much, much better now. Lesson learned: Don't take ANY adjustment on this radio for granted when aligning it.

The second flaw is that the stock speaker was defective.
Didn't really notice it before because I always plug in an external speaker.

YMMV.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.