• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

My special trip to Ground Zero

i too will never forget that day and wish i could visit the site.

until then, thanks for sharing that video.

It was a turning point in my life in two ways. The obviousness of 9/11, and that day was the day I got laid off from a good job. I woke up to a phone call saying my employment was no longer needed and then I turned on the news to see the Trade Center collapse in a few hours. After four weeks of job searching I ended up with a better paying job with more benefits. 9/11 will never be forgotten...for a generation at least. It seems the gubmint/media is trying to, but the people that watched it unfold won't. Lest we forget the DC attack as well.

To Start..Good Video..

I took Pics Just the Sunday before the towers fell.
From the NJ side...using the towers as a mean of lining up pics taken of a boat race..

Then Sunday after the towers fell.
I managed my way through 3 check points..
Making it to the crater that had been the towers..

One Never Expects to see a War Zone
( a True War Zone ) in Manhattan..

Yet clearly that was Exactly what it was..
I Took so many pictures and the Only frame of reference is that of.
Aftermath scenes of Horrific wars..

Some had already written things in the inch or more of Debre / Dust on the streets and sidewalks& nearby buildings.

The Type of Images your mind takes,is that of snapshots that last your... Entire Life.

One day i will get around to to putting the photo's and video.
So that those Not from the nyc area will see what it was like.

wouldn't mind seeing those KC,,,
later that week of 911 i sent a message to the mayor of new york, expressing my support for the people of city of new york and i actually received a card back from the office of the mayor in october of that year...i never expected that but here it is below.

Attachments

• ny.bmp
    790.3 KB · Views: 146
Last edited:
It was a turning point in my life in two ways. The obviousness of 9/11, and that day was the day I got laid off from a good job. I woke up to a phone call saying my employment was no longer needed and then I turned on the news to see the Trade Center collapse in a few hours. After four weeks of job searching I ended up with a better paying job with more benefits. 9/11 will never be forgotten...for a generation at least. It seems the gubmint/media is trying to, but the people that watched it unfold won't. Lest we forget the DC attack as well.

I don't know how you could forget that day. Terrible story!!!

I was working for an airline in Chicago on that day. Needless to say it was a week I'll never forget. Within days of the FAA re-opening US air space I flew to NYC for a meeting. The pilot flew north over the Hudson and I got a birds eye view of the devastation from the air. Very very surreal.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.