• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Name that antenna Part II

bcrewcaptain

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Apr 6, 2005
Central Va
two piece, knurled insert in the middle, loop on tip, no markings or numbers, was unable to get below a 2.0 swr@ 170 with the MFJ.
Sturdy little thing ,just have no idea the application.

Try attaching two or three radials at the base and see what you get on 2 meters. Looks to be pretty long for 170, but ~146 might just be better. You will need a ground plane, though.

The hook would be for portable operation. I've made several like it with just an SO-239 and five pieces of solid copper wire each ~20 inches long.

Reactions: 1 person
thanks guys.
I will try that later Beetle, my old man picked it up along with a couple CB's from a yard sale. I just had it mounted to a pole in a tripod when I was trying to test it earlier, didn't think abiut the ground plane. I guess if nothing else I can trim the hook off and use it for 2m, was just hoping to find some specs on this thing, Google has not been my friend on this one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.