• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need a little advice

frogmanS-6

Dec 9, 2005
E'town, KY
Alright i need a new radio going to try and keep it simple this time around. Some of you may remember me i used to post on here along time ago_Ok heres the deal, I really got into this cb thing awhile back and bought myself this big export radio that blew all my friends out of the water so i took it out of my truck and bought a used Cobra 29 that i hated so i sold it and kinda forgot all about cbs. Well about a month ago i bought a new truck and got to thinking id like to put a cb in it. So now i need whats a good radio for under a $120. it needs to be somewhat small, easily modded, and decent output after a basic peak & tune. What about SSB is it something that is worth having?
The radios im looking at are:
Uniden PC68 and 78
General Sherman
Cobra 148gtl
Glaxaly(sp) 949
I know there are more so just give me yall opnions.

have you looked into a uniden grant? i just got one and it's awesome. it has ssb and it works pretty good.
i also have a uniden 78 elite and it's screamin! has weather channels, swr meter, illuminated background, etc. so if you want ssb get a uniden grant and if you want am only get a 68 or 78 elite.

I wanted something a little smaller but didn't want to with one of the little cheap toys. I finally settled on a Cobra 25, its about 1" narrower than a cobra 29.

Well guys i bought me a Cobra 29 classic today they had a sale going on over at the local truck stop. Even though i didnt care for the last one i had. But i tried this one out and i liked it and it seems to work better than the last one. Going to peak and tune it in a few days. I think it will hold me over until i get the S-6 sold then im going to buy me an older 148 if i can find one.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.