• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need a mic I do.

Heil HM-12 Mic and CC-1-K Kenwood Cable
New in the box, never used, Heil Sound HM-12 Full Range Microphone and Heil Sound CC-1-K Microphone Cable for Kenwood Radios which have the 8-Pin Round Microphone Jack for $75.00 shipped and insured in U.S. (48). No trades, returns, or refunds. Contact Paul (KF3Z) at kf3z at basicisp.net or (240) 585-1046.
Listing #1347591 - Submitted on 09/28/17 by Callsign KF3Z, Modified on 09/29/17
thumb_1347591.jpg

https://swap.qth.com/view_ad.php?counter=1347591

https://heilsound.com/products/hm-12/

Here's Another idea for a PTT switch that I once used.

You can buy a cheap piano keyboard sustain pedal. These are momentary non latching switches and the small square ones work well on your desktop with little effort and also works as a footswitch. These can be bought at your local music store or online for about $15.

Here's one example by Korg, model PS-3

81CetQSMHAL._SX355_.jpg

Yamaha FC-5

FC5_Sustain_Pedal-80d1e56593a0a1db09ea4a1b5eac97dd.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: BJ radionut
I used to use a hand ptt switch, but after playing around with my vox settings, I am "hands free" now. Takes a bit of fiddling to get the sensitivity and hang time, but once set, it works great. Just remember to turn off your mic or Vox when you are going to sneeze. Or fart. Or when your xyl comes in the shack and yells "are you on the radio AGAIN"!?! ;)

Brett

Reactions: fourstringburn
My Heil boom arrived, and the XLR cable that came with it has no name on it. I chickened out today and ordered the Heil adapter. Sure, it was $40, but I'd rather not risk frustration trying to cheap out on a mic cord.

Hopefully I can have everything up and running soon and give an update.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.