• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need help fixing cobra 200gtl for 26mhz freqs ending in zero on tx and rx

hamguy2

Oct 20, 2008
hi everyone, i have a cobra 200gtl dx here it works perfect on 27555 lsb usb fm am etc ,but for the 26mhz newzeland freqs theres a problem from 26330 to 26770 lsb am and lsb is the newzealand cb freqs for some reason the clarification is off on 26720 lsb which is the nz call lsb channel ,i was told there was a fix involving a few bits and pieces in the clarifier section without having to retune the radio everytime you want to use 26mhz on ssb is like 2.5khz orso according to the freq counter in the 200gtl whih apparently there is an adjustment as well, thanks david nsw australia

This sounds like someone may have put a "modification" on that clarifier. IF they did I would return the clarifier to stock. If that cures the issue then I would find someone who knows how to re-work that clarifier the right way or leave it stock.
This sounds like someone opened up that clarifier and that however they did it is not stable throughout the frequency range you are describing.
That is the best I can do not having the thing on a decent calibration bench.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.