• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need help picking a auto tuner

KD8PIQ

Feb 3, 2011
Beckley WV
So not too much longer and I will buying a new FT-857D. I will be running a G5RV antenna, for base and field use on HF.

I am looking at the LDG YT-100 and the MFJ-925.

The MFJ-925 handles more power, and is usable with multiple radios and is less money.

The LDG YT-100 handles 100W, and is slightly more in cost.

Witch one should I choose?
Thank you for your input, 73's
KD8PIQ

I have never used the YT-100, But I do have the 200 Pro, it has provided fault free service from the first day.
I use it and My FT 897D for a portable station, it is a very nice package, just get used to the rattle the first time you tune a new frequency, and your good to go.

Jeff

I have an LDG AT-897. It did smoke when I first got it. I had to send it in for repair under warranty which took about 6 weeks. It's been solid ever since. The MFJ may not be fancy, but they do have pretty quick turnaround on their warranty and service. I can't personally say which one is the better tuner, though.

Another option is to purchase (or build) a small manual tuner for a lot less.

I was wondering what antenna tuner to buy to tune a g5rv i've heard mfj's ain't to good I been looking at a ldg at200 pro any suggestions?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.