• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Need Help Sourcing a Part

mrblue630

Jun 14, 2005
uppagumtree, Australia.
G'day Folks,
I am i need of a 40 channel selector assembly (switch,led and plastic ribbon) for my Australian Version 18 channel Cobra 138xlr-A (A for Australia) It has to be out of a similar type radio so i can simply do a straight swap without having to solder a thing. If any of you have a blown up Cobra 138xlr parts radio laying around and are willing to sell me the channel selector, please pm me or send me an email to: mrblue630@hotmail.com
cheers!

TRIVIA TIME by Mr Blue,

Back in the early 80's the Australian government restricted us mudducks to 18 channel cb radios. All our Cybernet o2a pll radios, 858pll, and early 8719 radios were all imported into the country with 18 channel selectors in them, (Figure that one out!) right up until the late 80's possibly early 90's.
Which ment that Ch1 on an 18 channel radio was actualy ch5 on a 40ch rig and ch18 aussie was ch22 american. Thats how we used to describe the difference between the 2 rigs, aussie 18ch rig and american 40ch rig.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.