• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need help with my prostar 400

Yea thats very strange. I bought a Pro Star 400 new and it was just like the Magnum 257 only single final. It did not have a dual clarifier and would only adjust the receive in stock form. Nice radio after a conversion and tune. The Pro Star, Titan, and sidewinder were all he same I thought. I really think it has a single clarifier and some other function on the outer ring.

well i got it on freq. with the help of several other hams. had to tune the clarifer to set the tx. then tune the fine to the rx. so i was able to talk on 10m net. still have some issuses but atleast i can talk on it now. thanks for all the hellp. 73's i think i will try and save up the money to get a ft-897d. then i should be ok. the prostar has mic issues. but ok.

would love to win a radio or somthing but owell lol.

im changing jobs right now so money is tight. so the new rig will have to wait. thanks for all the help 73's kd8nkk

Interesting, I too have a Pro Star 400 and it only has one clarifier, but it DOES adjust receive and transmit. Great little rig though.

not sure what is going on but i cant find any ifo that fits this rig. the tune pots are differant and has dual clalifer knob on it. so far this is the only one like it that i can even find. but it defanly says pro star 400 10 meter am/fm/ssb moble radio right on the face plat and on the back of the radio. ??????????????????????? ill try to post a pic of it.:confused::confused::confused::confused:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.