• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

need info on transistor

weatherman49

Apr 27, 2006
El Dorado AR
I have a Maco Mite 2 dual pill marked TRW the numbers are as follows pt9748 7833 c I have looked in all the normal places And still can't find any info on them! any info or links to info would be helpful

Thanx

That was what I thought but when I got to thinking about 2 in paralell I got to thinking about resistors and how they are divided in this configureation and got confuzzed! :? :?

weatherman49 said:
That was what I thought but when I got to thinking about 2 in paralell I got to thinking about resistors and how they are divided in this configureation and got confuzzed! :? :?

That's where you went wrong,you should have been thinking about capacitors instead. :p Actually if you think about your resistor thing a minute you would see that with two resistors in parallel the resistance would be lower and more current would be drawn thus more power consumed.The same thing for transistors in parallel. I know, a poor comparison at best but it works in this case. ;)

Makes sence QRN

When you have a four pill amp are all 4 in parallel or in series parallel? I havent had a chance to have the hood off of one to see how they are configured!

I know this thread is 4 years old....but I have this same amp (Maco Mite II) and it has two pills that read "185 MACO TR8 636" on them. I've not found much info.....can anyone help?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.