• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Anytone AT-588UV VHF/UHF Mobile - Pulled back

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
I received an email this morning notifying me that the Anytone AT-588UV that was supposed to be shipped to me has been sent back for more testing by the engineers. There is no new ETA. Considering that my payment was refunded, it's probably safe to assume that it could take a while before we see this radio on the market.

I received an email this morning notifying me that the Anytone AT-588UV that was supposed to be shipped to me has been sent back for more testing by the engineers. There is no new ETA. Considering that my payment was refunded, it's probably safe to assume that it could take a while before we see this radio on the market.

Who did you order the radio from? Not that im doubting you, but one else has announced this, so im just curious as to whether no one else has gotten the news, or that they are just being asked to keep it quiet so that it doesnt detract from peoples excitement or expectations for the mobile

Got a mass email from ED today. He claims the Anytone will be shipping in December. If you preorder now, he will throw in a "free" separation cable and USB programming cable. It's still $275.00.

I think I'll wait for a review and maybe buy a used one.

Same here. I wanna believe but...

BTW, it's now called the AV-5888UV now. Not sure what the extra 8 does. ;-)

Who did you order the radio from? Not that im doubting you, but one else has announced this, so im just curious as to whether no one else has gotten the news, or that they are just being asked to keep it quiet so that it doesnt detract from peoples excitement or expectations for the mobile

Sorry, just saw this post. I ordered it direct from China.

Same here. I wanna believe but...

BTW, it's now called the AV-5888UV now. Not sure what the extra 8 does. ;-)

I preordered one from Ed @ importcommunications.com. I'll do a full review when it arrives.

Im guessing they are going to be simular to this 2 meter radio by CRT.

9gd9b4.jpg

I am in the US and looking to buy the Anytone AT-5888UV direct from China. Any suggested dealers in China? I cannot find one that sell the Anytone. I know Universal Radionand Ed sells them. Maybe cheaper buying from China. I have to use a creit card no paypal and no Ebay.
Also is the rig worh buying or is it a "brick"
73s

"brick"?

Dunno, hasn't been out long. I'd be hard pressed to buy one now. It had a few design changes and a few release dates. Hard to tell if'n they got all bugs worked out or not. You can use your credit cards at Universal or Ed's.

Myself, I'm gonna wait and pick up a used one if they turn out to be decent.

It may be cheaper ordering from China, but Universal and Ed would be handier with a warranty claim.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.