• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New BaoFeng GT-3 Mark II with 23CM High Gain Antenna

The radio is nothing but the uv-5r in a different package so you are paying a lot for just an antenna. Google the 3.79 antenna and buy that one, I did and it works great.

The gt3 has had some hardware changes ...it's not just a 5 in a different box ..receive is better and doesn't fade as quick as the uv5r .

I own the uv5r ..gt3..And the uv82x .

The gt3 is the best receive out of the 3 .

None are as good as my yaesu ft60r but it's 3 times the price '150$' hro.

Although the simple case on the gt3 small improvement ..feels better to Carry and the speaker is open for a better sound .

If your long winded like myself ..The gt3 also takes longer to get hot then the uv5r.

So it is a "little" better then the uv5r ..is it worth the extra price..depends on your personal preference.

I got a two pack for 70$ delivered so cost 35$ a piece for me "amazon"..but several adds show 59$ ..

Hunt around as several 38$ ones are readily available.

Reactions: pro151
And just to keep things in perspective, any antenna that normally comes with an HT is far from being a 'gain' antenna except for the advertising. A typical, less than 19" 2 meter antenna is at best a 1/4 wave, which has a negative-gain, less than '1'. Until you reach something closer to a 1/2 wave, about 3 feet long, an antenna on 2 meters will have a negative gain, not even unity. If it's longer than a 1/2 wave then it may have some -slight- gain. That's just a fact, you can't changing it by claiming more gain. Unless you're in advertising of course...
- 'Doc

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned