• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Call Sign

BubbaDX

Jul 4, 2009
www.venemousduckracing.com
I just got my call sign! Well, apparently it showed up in the database on Friday, but I was out of town camping until last night. My call sign is KD0ISF. Kind of long, but is mine!(y) Now to start studying for the general exam.

And you can already shorten it up and get a custom suffix now if you want. Tech's can have a 1x3 starting with K,N or W

If interested, here's THE site for investigating vanity callsigns. Will let you search the lists for available calls.

N4MC's Vanity HQ

Enjoy and congrats!

I'm not 100% sure on this but I think now that there are only 3 classes of license available 2x2's are also an option.

Congrats on the new call

From the W5YI Vanity Call sign FAQ section.

"Technician, Tech Plus and General Class operators may only apply for a "Group C or D" (1-by-3 or a 2-by-3) call sign format. A Group C call sign has 1 prefix letter followed by any numeral 0 (zero) through 9 and any three available suffix letters. (for example: K1AAA). A Group C prefix must have a K, N or W prefix -- but not the letter "A".. Group C call signs beginning with W or K seem to be the most popular. The 1x3 N callsigns are a popular choice because the suffix (the last three letters of a call sign) work well as the initials of the applicant. Another popular suffix is the applicant's current call sign suffix with the two beginning letters changed to W, K or N.(There are call signs that may not be selected that are reserved for certain state, US possessions, and othe special locations.)"

Hope this helps!

73 & Congrats!

Wayne C.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.