• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Galaxy DX55hp

First step would be to give Sparky a call instead of bashing him on another forum. Probably several things to consider. First a decent shop will tune a radio with a steady power supply, into a dummy load, and with a tone generator. A persons voice will not be able to reach a peak like that. The most obvious, a Rat Shack meter? Your kidding right? I had one of those junk meters, said my 35-40 watt radio's were all doing like 9-12 watts. Are you sure your meter is a true peak reading meter? I know the Rat Shack is not. A peak reading meter will always need a power source to work. If your meters don't have power cords they are not peak reading meters.

" I've been into cbs for 40 years an worked at a shop for 5 years, but I suppose that isn't good enough for this bunch. "

Must not have been good enough for you either or you would have tuned it yourself. Call Sparky and send it back, he can re-check it. I doubt you will see 65 watts through an antenna and on a different meter. Most shops claim 50-60 watts peak for all these new mosfet Exports, they can't all be wrong.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.