• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Galaxy?

Very possible if they are the new mosfet finals. Quite afew new radio's have been changed over from 1969's and 2312's to a Mosfet design. For example, Magnum was the first company to switch all their radio's over. A new S9 will do 55-60 watts with a simple tune. This new Galaxy radio might be even stronger yet, who knows.

Galaxy Radio Dx98t 10 Meter Radio Blue LED's*200w* (179)

New Galaxy 10 Meter radio Dx98t. This is just like the Dx95t but it has 8 MOSFET finals for 30% more power and Blue LED's. Also the faceplate is not backlit. The New Galaxy Dx98t radios have echo, variable talk back, variable power and front panel mic jack. It is due in at GI Joe's Radio around March 23rd. Limited supply.

8 mosfets would ad up to about 100 watt DK to about 400 watts pep . I can hear the problems already ,but maybe not ? Hmmmm .......along with there famous warble SSB :) you bad Tony !

TonyV225 said:
Interesting but will they forget or leave out that classic Galaxy warble in the SSB modes audio???

The only ones that have that problem are ones that haven't been tuned properly. Mine sounds just like an HF rig on SSB. Richard Byrd at 8541 electronics set it up for me.

My 95T had no prob. with SSB unless there is low voltage....

My 2¢.....

Highlander_821 said:
TonyV225 said:
Interesting but will they forget or leave out that classic Galaxy warble in the SSB modes audio???

The only ones that have that problem are ones that haven't been tuned properly. Mine sounds just like an HF rig on SSB. Richard Byrd at 8541 electronics set it up for me.

well i dont know about warable but mine were always off frequency.just a tad when the coarse was in the indent
i had 3
all same a tad off freq. :roll:

galaxy

i run a galaxy dx 95 t which i purchased in the states and so far havent had any problems i like the radio all round especially the night vision which is helpfull i am just looking forward for the n.american skip to start rolling in later on this year

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    BLACKOUT HF
  • @ BJ radionut:
    I am beginning the packing process...XENIA bound Going "Lite": this year....2 items for sale...Rig #1 = FT-920/Gud to Ex condition/Hand Mike/pwr cord/manual (NO BOX) ... #2 = My 1 owner FT-950....EX condition...Original Shipping Double Box/Factory Manual/Never used hand mike...Booths 9107-9111...Ya'al come by say hello...
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Incoming Region Produces X3 Solar Flare
    May 15, 2024 @ 14:55 UTC
    Another major solar flare, but this time from an active region just beginning to turn into view off the east limb. It is possible that the group responsible is old AR 3654 from the previous rotation. The latest flare, an X2.99 event just peaked at 14:38 UTC (May 15). Stay tuned