• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Jetstream 220 Mobile

I don't know who makes that radio, but most of the other items from Jetstream are re-badged MFJ products. At least the SWR meters and coax switches are. My guess would be those radios are produced in China of marginal quality, and are just badged and marketed by Jetstream......

I think it's good that we're getting some cheaper radios into the mix, even if the quality is less than the major brands. It helps new & young people get into the hobby for less money, and it could also help drive the big players' prices down.

I don't understand why the DC to daylight rigs skip over 220.

My 706MKIIG doesn't have it, my Yaesu FT8100 doesn't, even though it will RX to 1330MHZ.:confused:

It's because 220 is pretty much only available to hams in the U.S. And there just isn't that much demand for it here, either. I do think 220 is a very useful band, though. There are a few people around here that have moved over to it for daily ragchew.

Really annoying that they don't put prices on their site or catalog... Probably means that the products are far more expensive than they're worth.

we are here in Dayton at the Jetstream USA booth and the guy said this is the only one left in the country!!!!

moleculo-albums-2009-dayton-hamvention-pics-picture749-new-jetstream-220mhz-radio.jpg

Really annoying that they don't put prices on their site or catalog... Probably means that the products are far more expensive than they're worth.

We talked to these guys at Dayton. There just isn't very many available right now. But you can see what the price is in the pic: $239.

IN Stock Here!

R&L Electronics 800-221-7735

I have not purchase one of these. I know of a pretty good size group around "Cincy",OH running them and all seem to like them.
I think Troy (R&L's son) now own's the Jetstream name...They did some extensive testing on these rigs, made a few software and production run changes and now keep them "in-stock"

I bought one of the JETSTREAM Dual sensor wattmeters...One sensor works 1.8 to 150 mhz/...second sensor /140-525 mhz...
Works Great/accurate/nicely priced/nice size meters for bench work and shack use.
All the Best
Merry Christmas All
BJ

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.