• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New member here.

Charlie337

Nov 13, 2014
Hello to all you folks been hanging out on 37 lsb and 38 lsb..have made some solid contacts all over the us..I go by Houston337 ..was just curious if anybody has heard that guy on 38 with that noise box going nuts with old school dance music and ect..that dude pretty much drowns everyone out down here in the afternoon..anyways nice to meet you all.

I can't he him but I feel your pain. The local chanel we use has turned into the superbowl when skip is rolling. I hear ground zero alot.with DAY AFTER DAY AFTER DAY..

In the mid 70s, my dad wanted me to move up from CB to ham radio. I was a teenager using a 23 channel Realistic Navaho base. He offered to buy my ham gear if I got the novice license.

I studied, but before I could take the novice test, I bought myself a Realistic TRC 448 mobile SSB and ran it as a base. SSB CB was great. Folks were very considerate. Range was decent. I also had a few friends who got their ham tickets at the time. I got to use their rigs a few times, but definitely enjoyed the 11 meter SSB experience more.

Today, SSB radios are much cheaper to buy. The lower price point has opened the door for some sub-standard operators to engage in the antics on SSB that used to be limited to A.M. Still, there are plenty of fine 11 meter SSB operators out there.

Reactions: Turbo T
Hi 337, I believe I have heard you in the recent past. The bane of my existence on 38L is the hillbilly preacher 777 from Arkansas. When he gets going I may as well turn off the radio.

Appreciate the welcome folks..hope to catch ya'll on the band sometime.I cant help but think some of those guys are the earliest of trolls..Im enjoying the skip none the less..Ive also been studying for my tech and general and hope to get that soon as well..There is some really good guys on ssb 11 meters though and make it all worth listening to the trolls.

Welcome aboard. Yes 38 LSB is like the channel 6 of SSB CB radio. Ever since the FCC threw in the towel on trying to tame the CB, it's became a mess. But like you said, still a few good folks on.

Hello to all you folks been hanging out on 37 lsb and 38 lsb..have made some solid contacts all over the us..I go by Houston337 ..was just curious if anybody has heard that guy on 38 with that noise box going nuts with old school dance music and ect..that dude pretty much drowns everyone out down here in the afternoon..anyways nice to meet you all.
hello charlie 101ne oklahoma operator Bob

Glad to have you Charlie 337. Enjoy the forum, lots of helpful people here! The good ol train wreck is going right now in my receive on 38lsb as well! We hear all the looneys it seems, 4444, 41 Ivan, the blue waffle, preacher man 777 and a bunch more lol. But there will always be a few bad apples in the bunch. I go by 222 out of Daytona Beach, FL. Again glad to have you aboard and God Bless.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    Hamvention this Weekend!!!!~ See link above
  • @ nomadradio:
    Hello from Dayton. Well, okay. Kettering.
  • @ ShadowDelaware:
    Wow I did not know this was here until just now
  • @ c316buckeye:
    no conditions in ohio