• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New old guy back on the band.

kryppy

Apr 7, 2011
Florida
SO I just pulled out my old as dirt Galaxy II from 1988, went to the ratshack and got me a 102" whip, some LMR-400, a spring and dome mount from ebay, bored a hole in my F-250's roof and caught Nebraska and Canada on 27.555 on my radio check! Old girl still swings as hard as it did 11 years ago, the last time it talked.

Going to throw in the very old X-force [x-400] tomorrow and try and get my 900 on. ;)

So if you hear the old 305 from Miami, FL - wave a hand.

It looks like this hobby is getting more popular again, I always used cb on the road rv,ing and such but just recently I also upgraded radio and amp and have been messing with antennas, so I'll be listening more now myself. My problem is radio toys is cheaper then filling the fuel tanks on my rv for a long trip so I'm making a very expensive radio shack in my side driveway with all my radio stuff going into coach, besides the wife says she does'nt want to hear all that in the house anyway,so my shack has tv full surround reefer ac everything a man cave needs.Ha

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.