• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Project Im working on...

w9rcm

Dec 20, 2010
Chicagoland, IL! BRRRRRR
qsl.fm
Greetings everyone,

I'm rob, W9RCM... new to the forum. I wanted to get everyones critique and/or opinions on a project, QSL.FM - Ham Radio Online But Better!

I'll let the site speak for itself, but briefly, its essentially a fast, simplistic (emphasis on simplistic) callsign/repeater search tool, however, we're going to be adding quite a bit more things to it in a very short while, some things that haven't existed in Ham Radio online yet.

I'm basically looking for ideas.... I'm a developer, the skies the limit. Throw me your "Man, I wish there was something that.... " ideas and I'll see if they can be turned into reality.

I've got some free time over the holidays to do some extra development, I'm trying to make something that is simple enough that people will actually get a genuine use out of it.

ALSO - the callsign and repeater tools are both automatically mobile-formatted for your smartphone/mobile device. (Just visit qsl.fm with your smartphone)

I'm anxious to hear what you guys think.... Thanks!

It looks like a good start! I think the greatest benefit will be the repeater search. If you can make that a little more granular, like by zipcode plus xx miles, that would be good. Some States are so large, that you will get just too many results when searching by state.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.