• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New radio coming out: Ranger/Superstar SS-39

Crazy_D

Aug 22, 2006
Just thought I would share this link and info on this new radio to be released soon. An online store already has it priced at $169.

http://www.rangerusa.com/ss-39.html

ss39yw8.jpg

I'm thinking it's a lot closer to a Connex 3300....in fact, it appears the only signifigant difference is the variable talkback....at the cost of a side mount mic jack.

There seems to be several differences between it and the 121.

maybe it is just me..
but the likly price of that radio
i would want SSB

most truckers likly perfer AM and then i am sure it would be a fine CB..

Not a bad looking radio, 6 bands, echo, alot like a 3300, Galaxy 33, General Lee kinda radio. Must be a single final radio.

I wish the people who design these radios with blue lights in them would drive around all night long with that crap staring them in the face. It's very rough on the eyes. If I had a choice I would want the lights to be red as it is much more soothing to the eyes.

the new superstars are all connex copies. connex as we know it is done, at least from rangerusa's perspective. the 158 is a connex 4800, the 39 is a connex 3300, surely more will follow. everybody jumping on the 'new superstar radio' bandwagon is just helping to fatten ole mr p's pockets even more by selling the same old trash rehashed & relabeled. just as when the 'general' series was introduced. ok, if that is sufficient for your needs, save a bundle & go for the new 'relabeled' stuff. let's just not hear about 'NEW' radios. there ain't none. stryker & magnum are as close to 'new designs' as there are-they're just tweaked rehashes. CB/export radios will NEVER see true redesigns, as does amateur radio every few years. while not my 'main' operating equipment, the general grant & stonewall jackson, as well as TR296 & SS158 are fair impersonators of 'real' radios. save some bux you connex 3300 guys & go for the ss39....close as you'll get in the future.

Dave you are right. Reason being the engineering cost for new board and chassis could never be recouped. Reality of it is just not enough volume of sales to really support it all.

sleepwalker said:
I wish the people who design these radios with blue lights in them would drive around all night long with that crap staring them in the face. It's very rough on the eyes. If I had a choice I would want the lights to be red as it is much more soothing to the eyes.

I totally agree. It is so bad that I have a rag that I'll throw over the channel display when not switching around. The rag is also the same color as my interior, so when I get out of the car I'll throw it over the radio to kinda blend in and keep prying eyes from seeing what I got.

Don't fall for the Hype. It's just a gimmick to
get in the cb folks pocket books. It's just another 3600 board.
We got a flyer not long ago about the radio. It's basically like
said above a 3300 with roger beep.
and yes it's a single final radio.

sleepwalker said:
I'll second that. The blue color absolutely destroys your night vision. It may not matter to those that stay in the cities, but to those of us that drive nights in the rural areas, night vision is vital.

Rich

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.