• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

New Radio Forum. RF Junkies

Jan 28, 2009
I've been working on a forum, It's still in the beta stage. Looking for people to come by and join and build up members so we can get some good topics going on.
Everyone invited to come by and check it out.
RF Junkies.
http://www.rfjunkies.com

Thanks!

Last edited:

it may be a wonderful site but ill never know . i decided a while back if i cant see a forum without joining it then i just dont bother with it . good luck though .

I like it here. Thanks for the offer. I'll check it out from time to time.
"WWRF - where Hams and CB'ers are OK with each other..."

You mean to tell me there's CB'ers here.......:eek:

There goes the neighborhood................:D

DeepFriedBrain......
I think if you give everyone the option to look at your site instead of directing them straight to a log in registration page, you might get a few more bites.
You don't catch any fish if you don't present the bait just right......;)

I think you'll also find that many here....(including myself)....carry the scares from bad encounters at the QRZ forums, 95% of those who regularly post here get along well, and it doesn't matter if you're into HAM, CB, SWL, Scanners, FRS, Freebanders, or anything else that involves radio, it's a big happy family, and when things are going good at home, it doesn't make sense to pack up and move next door........

Post a link that allows a guest to view the site, and I'd be more than happy to take a look at it, I may or may not register, but I'll take a look.....

Sorry my mistake, i didnt intend for it to go right to a login page.
some of the forum is open to guests, buy/sell/trade and some others are locked and for members only.
I only have 5 members so far, but I only started it yesterday.
This forum will be a place for cbers and hams, as I am both and get along with both.
I hear you about QRZ, its pretty tight over there...i'm still a member but the place gives me the sense of being in a communism :thumbdown:.

The Official N2ITH review.....

I took a trip over to the RF Junkies Forum to check it out. I registered so I could get the full scope of what he's building there.

The software is a newer generation, it's feature packed, however the general color scheme is a little on the dark side, this may appeal to some, and not to others, but over all it has a cool look to it.
The print is on the small side, for many this does not present a problem, but for a bi-focal wearing geezer like me I often found myself leaning forward in the chair to read some of the posts, and feature buttons.
The forum is only a couple days old, and only has a very limited number of registered members, so at this point in time it has yet to establish a personality of it's own, that will come in time.

I like the fact that he has built the forum for all radio hobbyists and not just for CB, or HAM, but (much like WWRF) it's open to all that enjoy radio in all it's forms, that fact should keep the QRZ armchair radio lawyer types away, the arrogance level low, and ego stroking to a minimum.

However, software does not a forum make, it's the people that gravitate to that forum, and especially those who make that forum their home base will in the end decide if it becomes a good, friendly, and helpful forum for all that enjoy radio.

I wish DeepFriedBrain, and the RF Junkie forum the best, it's off to a good start, I wish it all the success in the world, and will visit from time to time to see how they make out over there......(y)

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.