• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

new radio

Their an ok radio. Use the 6900 board.
If You only need a AM/FM Rig I would wait a while on a new Radio that is coming out this summer.

embalmer, what radios do you already own, and are you replacing one, or just want to try something new?

hey mole i have a 2950dx, 2970dx, delta force , s9, lincoln, mag 257, connex 4400hp, galaxy 2527 base. i guess i just want another ranger thet have been very good to me. never a problem on those radios..

thanks
bobby :D

Soo many of the rangers (and galaxies) are the same boards. I'd say look for the features and style you want and pick one.

I think a few things that the radios mentioned above are missing is frontend overload protection, a solid front end reciever to just name a couple. We are going to see these features in the future :)

embalmer42,
I have had a couple in past, (2) new & (1) used. Didn't like any of them.
One had a drift problem and all three had the "birdie" as some would call it. This is where a AM carrier of around 5 "s" units would gradually creep up the band.

But this was several years ago now, so maybe some of the above problems have been fixed.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.